Sunday, November 11, 2012

Arrow Maker, a Goudey Collectable Chewing Gum Card, Ojibway Tribe

IndianChewingGum1

 

This week’s blog word is “arrow.” While many thoughts come to mind when I think of the word arrow, “Indians,” with their bows and arrows comes to mind first. That is because I just recently listed in my curios store a collectable, Goudey, non-sports, chewing gum card featuring an Indian. You can find the listing by clicking here. Arrow Maker is the name of the Ojibwe Indian pictured on the card.

The Goudey gum company was one of the first companies to introduce collectable cards with their chewing gum in the 1930s. In addition to Indians and sports related themes they also had famous Americans, show biz celebrities and other themes. You can find many other curios in my store, Sirocco's Curios. I invite you to stop in and take a look around.

5 comments:

  1. Loved your post. I always like the way you provide history with the items that you post. Job well done. I have never heard of this gum company before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I never knew there were gum cards with Indians on them. I always just thot sports and cartoons. Great informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! You have educated me yet again. Like Wolfie I had not idea Indians were ever on bubble gum cards. Really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post are always so informative. I knew about sports cards, and celebrity cards. But Indian collectible cards are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add me to the list of those who didn't know about the Indian gum cards. Fascinating post!

    ReplyDelete